28 Jun Finding Transportation on Maui
Flights? Check! Accommodations? Check! Bathing suits and sandals? Double check! Transportation? Oh no… If you have questions about transportation on Maui, the Pauli Family Condos at Wailea Ekahi Village has the answers you’re looking for. From car rentals and shuttles to eco-friendly mobility options, your next adventure is closer than you think.
First and foremost, it is important to note that federal and state travel requirements are constantly changing. It is important to always reach out to your desired service and ask for their specific requirements for transport. With that being said, it’s time to start planning your Maui memories!
Airport Transportation Services
Aloha! You did it – You have finally reached paradise and you are now ready to head to our resort. If you’re not wanting to rent a car for your stay, there are several options you can choose from so you can get to your destination as soon as you land. With plenty of options available, you can simply pick what works best for you and your family and be on your way to serenity!
- Taxi and Private Shuttle – There are several taxi services to choose from that all cater to the airport here on Maui. Fares range depending on which company you use and where you head to first, but if you’re coming straight to us, expect fares around $50-100 for the one-way trip.
- Rideshare – Unlike some other airports, rideshare services such as Uber and Lyft are able to pick you up at Kahului airport. There is also a local option for rideshare, Ride Holoholo. All of these services require facemasks while you’re in the car whether you are vaccinated or not. For more information, check out Ride Holoholo, Uber and Lyft
- Public Transportation – One more option when visiting Maui is utilizing local public transportation. Kahului Airport (OGG) has bus routes that can bring you to the property! Maui Bus operates 7 days a week including holidays. Learn more about the route and cost here. Google Maps is also a great resource. Their public transportation feature can help you plan your route from the airport to our resort.
- (Edit) There is also a new option as of July 1st – The Maui Aloha Shuttle. Run by Polynesian Tours, this shuttle will leave Kahului Airport (OGG) 3x per day and head to the hotels in Wailea (we recommend departing for a short walk from the Andaz) and will return three times per day. This pilot program runs until July 17th.
Rental Car Options and Local Shortages
Many people are unaware that there is currently a rental car shortage on Maui. With the pandemic, many companies did what they could to keep their business afloat and money coming in. Many of them sold cars or shipped them to the mainland for better use. Now, with the influx of summer visitors, many rental car businesses are scrambling to find the vehicles needed to meet the demand. We would recommend calling in advance to reserve your car. Also, the Pauli Family Condos at Wailea Village has an exclusive deal with Budget and Avis car rentals to bring you extra discounts!
Outside of national big-name car rental places, we recommend these local businesses that are available for rental at the Kahului Airport:
No Car, No Problem
If you decided to opt out of renting your own car but still want to get out and explore, you’re in luck! Several activities around the island include a shuttle to and from the resort. You can also hire private rideshare companies like Uber or Lyft to pick you up directly from the resort. Depending on what adventure you’re looking for, here are a few great options:
- Road to Hana & Haleakala Sunrise Tour – Valley Isle Excursions
- The Maui Turtle– Tours and Pub Crawl
- Kai Kanani– Boat and Snorkel Tours
Alternative Transportation Rentals
If you are like a lot of our guests and you came to Maui to relax and envelop yourself in the scenery, consider some of these alternative transportation ideas! Not only are some of them an eco-friendly transportation option, but they allow you to stay immersed in the beauty around you without the distraction of being enclosed in an automobile.
- Boss Frog’s Rentals: bikes, surfboards, stand-up paddleboards and more
- Slingshot Rentals from Maui Kart
- Moped and Scooter rentals from Maui Moped and Scooter
Whether you plan on strictly reveling in the tranquility of the resort or you want to explore the whole island, there are plenty of transportation options available. What are you waiting for? The Pauli Family Condos at Wailea Ekahi Village is ready to book your next adventure! A hui hou – Until we meet again!