Our top of the line Studio, 1 or 2 Bedroom, 1 or 2 Bath Ekahi condos offer ocean, mountain and/or garden views. They are a 2 to 6 minute stroll through our tropical grounds to Ekahi’s ocean front pool and gated entrance to Keawakapu Beach. The condos are all exceptionally well maintained and managed by dedicated owners. Most are completely remodeled and continuously updated and redecorated. You’ll find everything you’ll need for a relaxing stay.
A local contact is available for each condo. Please reach out to this person for any questions that may arise during your stay. These women have been with us or the owner for years, know the condos well and are available 24/7/365 should an emergency arise. They are also available during business hours to help with non emergency questions. Their contact info is provided in your arrival packet. They can help with most anything from advice on where to find things, to help with internet connections, extra cleaning, repair issues and more. If you should get locked out – check the back of the screen door for your contact’s phone number.
For Additional information on a specific condo, use the photo links on this page to access the web page for the condo you are interested in.
CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT PROCEDURES:
Arrival time is after 3 PM and departure time is prior to 10:00 AM. Come straight to the condo when you arrive. No need to stop at an off site office. We have KEYLESS ENTRY on the door to 11E, 18E, 20A, 50B and 53B while a lock box is provided on the door for the other units. We provide you with a map and directions to your condo and the code to work the lock or lock box once we receive your payment in full. Please let us know your flight arrival time and inform us if there are significant changes in your planned arrival or departure times.
ARRANGE FOR A LATE DEPARTURE or EARLY ARRIVAL at the time of BOOKING
If we have the time available, we do offer a late departure or early arrival options at a cost of $100 + tax for Studios, $150 + tax for one-bedroom and $200 + tax for two-bedroom condos. Book ASAP as they may not be available later and must be agreed to in advance of arrival.
PAYMENT & DEPOSIT POLICIES:
Our base Rate varies from 2 to 6 guests depending on the unit rented.
To secure the booking a 2 night initial payment (no tax) is due within 5 days of guest confirmation of intention to book. Payment must be fully settled 60 days prior to arrival, or if that date is already passed, then within 5 days of guest confirmation of intention to book.
Bookings are not fully confirmed until the initial payment stipulated is received. We do offer a 5-day courtesy hold once you’ve informed us of your intentions to book.
PAYMENT METHODS: US FUNDS only.
Please inform us of your preferred payment method. A 3% administration fee is charged for credit card payments on the Balance Due or Payment in FULL. There is no fee to use a credit card for the Initial Payment. A Credit card is our preferred method of payment when the check is not written on a US bank.
- Personal Check: All Checks should be in U.S Dollars and made out to Pauli Family Condos. Strangely enough, expedited delivery from Canada going through customs often takes weeks longer than using Canada Post. Unless otherwise agreed to, Please mail checks to:
Pauli Family Condos
c/o Matt Pauli
1426 Feather Run Trail, Cedar Falls, IA 50613
- Credit card & Paypal: Follow the steps via our On-Line Booking (OLB) platform.
- Bank transfer: To utilize a bank to bank transfer please contact us for additional instructions. This method is often preferred to a credit card by our international guests. The fees are significantly lesss
The State of Hawaii requires us to charge and collect two taxes: General Exercise Tax (GET) and Transient Accommodations Tax (TAT). These are the same taxes hotels and other lodging pass through as well. Currently taxes total 14.4167% (TAT = 9.25% and GET = 4.167%).
If you cancel the RESERVATION more than 60 days before your arrival date, a cancellation fee of 50% of the initial payment is charged. For cancellations within 60 days of arrival. the guest is responsible for all costs unless the time is re-rented. Pro-rata Refunds (except the cancellation fee) will be made for re-rented dates. For Holiday & Monthly Bookings use 90 days, not 60.
COVID – 19 CANCELLATION POLICY:
If Maui closes to trans-pacific travel or vacation rentals are no longer allowed to operate, and you are inside the 60 days (you’ve made full payment) then you have the option:
1. 100% credit to a future stay within 12 months OR
2. Refund equal to amount paid less 1 night rental. If we can re-rent your dates, we’ll refund the 1 night as well
BOOKING FEE & CONDO CARE EXPECTATIONS:
We charge a cleaning fee for each booking which helps to cover the cost of our housekeeper, this is not a pass to leave the condo messy or not help with the check-out procedures. At this time we do not require a security deposit. Some accidental damage is covered in your rent (a broken wine glass, missing towel, etc) but we reserve the right to bill you for excess cleaning and laundry charges above and beyond what is considered normal wear and tear. (See Liabilities below)
We make our Maui Home available to others on a limited basis when we are not using it ourselves. It is not a hotel room. We believe you will appreciate & respect the difference. The condo is well appointed & maintained. We expect our guests will help maintain it in that manner. For those wishing a more hotel-like experience, our housekeeping staff is available for additional cleans for a nominal fee. We do reserve the right to bill if extra time is needed for cleaning due to extremely heavy use. Treat our place as you hope a guest would treat your home and our expectations will agree. If you truly don’t wish to lift a finger, please consider a hotel.
CONTACT DETAILS & LOGISTICS:
Driving Directions & Map, On-island Contact, Condo address/phone & access information will be provided in a separate email and document once your full payment is received.
RULES & RESTRICTIONS:
- Total number of occupants will not exceed the quoted number unless agreed upon in writing prior to arrival.
- Minimum stay is 4 nights, except Holiday Season when it is 14 nights unless otherwise agreed to in writing.
- Cleaning Fee of $200 – $225 (1 BR), $295 (2 BR) and $175 (Studio) + GE Tax is added to all stays.
- We will provide a local contact for your convenience during business hours and 24/7 for emergencies
- Your Car must be registered at The AOAO Office in Building 18. If you arrive & the office is closed, no problem waiting til it is open.
- Quiet hours are 10 PM to 7 AM
- This a no-smoking property
- Sorry, No pets allowed in the unit.
- Please dispose of trash and perishables before departure. If time allows, start the dishwasher and a load of laundry.
INDEMNITY & LIABILITY
The Guest is responsible for their own travel/health insurance. Neither the Owner nor Manager shall be held responsible in any way for accidental injury, death or damage/loss to personal effects of the Guest. You are accepting and assuming all risks involved in or related to the use of BBQ, kitchen, bath, and all common areas as well as the pools, beach and ocean.
Owner does not accept liability for any loss or damage caused by the acts of God i.e. Natural disasters, or other reasons beyond our control. If the Owner is unable to honor this agreement, payments shall be fully refunded unless the guest is at fault. Trip Insurance is suggested.
The Guest is responsible for all damages, excluding wear and tear and for excess cleaning and laundry charges above and beyond what is considered normal such as a sink full of dirty dishes, multiple loads of laundry, soiled upholstery or carpet stains.
Equipment & facilities are provided at the discretion of the Owner and while every attempt is made to ensure that such equipment is in working order for the duration of the rental period, should a breakdown or some other situation occur that renders the element unusable, we do not accept responsibility for refunding the Guest for the lack of use of these equipment or facilities. The equipment and facilities referred to include (but are not exclusive to) such items as televisions, cable service, internet access, printers, fax machines, beach umbrellas, beach chairs, etc
Our goal is to provide a beautiful, relaxing and fully equipped home for you to enjoy your stay in this tropical paradise as well as resources to help you “Live like a Local” should that be your desire.
- The climate requires you keep food put away if you don’t want to be bothered by pesky creatures. We provide storage containers to make this easy.
- Showers and water activities mean lots of towels & linens will be used. We provide more than you will need but ask you to use the Washer/Dryer for the dirty items when you take out fresh ones. Don’t wait til your last day.
- Keeping sand outside will make you more comfortable inside. There are outdoor showers near the beach and pool for people & your stuff and hoses for rinsing off equipment near the condo. Sand will damage the carpeting too so we do provide a broom and vacuum just in case.
- Your comfort is important to us. Air Conditioning is provided for your use but we request you help our island in its quest to maintain sustainability and turn off the AC when leaving the unit. Don’t run AC with windows open or set it lower than 72 degrees Farenheit. We love ceiling fans and have them everywhere in the condo and even now in our mainland home.
- Maui’s gods will frown and often cause flooding if anything other than toilet tissue is flushed down the toilet.
- Even in paradise sounds carry – if you don’t wish to have neighbors listen in on phone conversations, please don’t use the lanais as your phone booth. Be considerate of those around you.
- SMOKING is NOT PERMITTED ! not only in our home and on our lanais but also within 20 feet of any window or door on property – this is HAWAII LAW! Wind is the problem. Pay attention to where it’s coming from. If you must have a smoke, be considerate and pick a spot where the wind won’t blow it into a neighbor’s condo or public areas. Perhaps no one will notice.
- If time permits, leave us note in our guest book. We love knowing what your enjoyed doing or wish you had done on your vacation. Besides operating instructions, our renters manual has lots of info on activities and restaurants as well as some local recipes and resources.
We hope you will enjoy our Aloha – A hui hou (we look forward to seeing you again)!