10 Aug Surf or Turf? The Best Land Activities in Maui
There is a reason people call Maui the ‘Valley Isle’ and its simply for the fact that Maui has sprawling hills and mountains that give way to gorgeous valleys. To truly immerse yourself in the earth around you and experience everything the land has to offer, The Pauli Family Condos at Wailea Ekahi Village have found the best activities on all of Maui.
If you’re looking for family-friendly activities or something romantic for just the two of you, you won’t be disappointed in what Maui has to offer. With a wide geographical range, there is quite literally something for everyone! Explore lush tropical foliage, hike incredible trails and see all of the stars visible to the naked eye all from our beautiful island.
We may be biased but there is no better place to go hiking than on Maui. In fact, Maui offers some of the best trails and picturesque locations in the world. Depending on your desired location and difficulty level, there are a few options to get the most out of your adventure!
- If you’re looking for an authentic outdoor adventure, Hike Maui is a great place to start! Rainforest hikes followed by jumping off a waterfall are just some of the fun that awaits.
- Not sure if you’re looking for a full day of adventure? Take advantage of Maui Hiking Safari tours full or half day options! Trek through the heart of Maui while taking in the spectacular views.
Maui Helicopter Tours
If you want to take in all of Maui, there is no better way than to do it from the sky. Maui helicopter tours are a great way to get a bird’s eye view of the rolling landscape. From the tops of volcanoes to the gorgeous sandy beaches, take it all in with a rush of adrenaline!
- Featuring both east and west Maui tours, soar above volcanoes and dense rainforests with Maui Helicopter Tours.
- With a tagline like ‘the tour of a lifetime, every time’, you know you’re going to see some amazing sights! Blue Hawaiian Helicopters has been in the business for over 35 years and has unforgettable experiences.
Road to Hana
Dive into history and tradition as you travel down one of Maui’s most beautiful roads. The Road to Hana is deeply rooted in Hawaiian culture. In fact, different Hawaiian rulers fought over Hana because of its lush and fruitful land. Take in the sights and get to know the rich history while you explore with this Maui destination.
- The Road to Hana is a beautiful 64.4 mile stretch of highway that connects Kahului to Kalepa and features some of the most beautiful views on Maui. It stretches past some of the most scenic spots that the island has to offer. The best part? You can simply view everything from the comfort of your vehicle or stop at any of the gorgeous mile markers to soak in the views. Check out a few of the sights on the Road to Hana here.
No matter where you travel in the US, state parks are a great way to take in the natural beauty of the landscape. Maui state parks are no different! Whether you’re looking for black sand beaches or tranquil waterfalls, you’ll find everything you’re looking for in our parks! Be aware that some parks may have altered hours. See Maui State Park information here.
- If black sand beaches are on your travel bucket list, Wai’anapanapa State Park is going to exceed your expectations. Be sure to book ahead, reservations are required.
- Looking for the perfect backdrop for some photos? The beautiful waterfalls and lush greenery at Pua’a Ka’a State Wayside Park are sure to please any nature enthusiast.
- Interested in the birds of Maui? Check out over 50 species including three endangered birds at Kanaha Pond Wildlife Sanctuary. As a bonus, this park also serves as a historical site as well!
Adrenaline junkies and tranquility seekers agree, Maui has something for every adventurer. With so many fun things to do, you’ll need a place to relax after a long day. Be sure to book your stay with The Pauli Family Condos at Wailea Ekahi Village and get ready to explore! A hui hou – Until we meet again!