Recommended Maui Resources
Learn more about local Wailea and Maui businesses. Find resources for getting around, equipping your family for your stay, getting groceries and other resources. We only include info on businesses we or our members or guests have used and recommend! Plan ahead — Check out our Concierge and Trip Insurance links on the right to ensure your trip is special and worry free.
NOTE: COVID may have affected hours and days of operation as well as services. Please check with businesses and ask for their current info.
Don’t Miss Our Favorites
For more information on Transportation on Maui, check out our blog. Be sure to visit Maui Activities and Maui Restaurants for lists of our favorite places on the island!
Getting Around • Kids’ Stuff • Groceries • Other Resources
My favorite airport transport. This recommended resource costs about $50 one way. 5% discount if you rent your car from Lourdes at Avis in Kihei (808-874-4077). Please use AVIS ARC No. 0158045D (or better yet, the AVIS link below) to make your reservation.
Transportation to and from the airport. If you call in advance, they will meet your plane.
808-874-4077 (Avis in Kihei) or Toll Free: 800-962-1434 (Avis National)
Avis offers Airport pickup or local pickup in Kihei. With a large fleet, convenient service, competitive pricing and alliances with many airline frequent flyer clubs, this international company is a good bet to service your needs. Good pricing, too, if you use our ARC/IATA number & AWD Code when making any reservation. Click on AVIS to use their website to make your reservation. ATA/ARC No: 0158045D and AWD Code: H461412
$2 per ride or monthly pass. It’s getting more reliable, but it’s not quite like the mainland, so be sure you’re not on a tight schedule.
For those into the sharing economy, Uber is now on Island. I’ve used Uber across the USA and generally find it to be better than taxis. Uber offers a “rate checker” or estimator on their website. The Uber app works well, too. I estimated fare from Maui’s Airport (OGG) to Ekahi Village, and thought the range was rather high ($37 -$89). To check current rates or estimated times check out Uber’s Maui Webpage.
For short trips, a fun alternative to Uber is Turtle Tracks. Only $3 per ride, this is a great alternative and can be fun, too! Reservations are requested.
Lots of options selling similar items but each with their own feel. Take your pick!
- BABY’S AWAY: 800-942-9030 or 808-875-9030 Baby and child supply rental service providing cribs, strollers, portable crib, car seats, high chairs, toys, swings & exersaucers.
- AKAMAI MOTHER’s RENTALS: 808-298-1336 Many guests prefer this company. Same items as above.
- WILD WHEELS WENTALS: 808-879-0220 or TOLL FREE 1-800-339-4743 Same items as above, good rates and rollaway cots, too.
- MAUI VACATION EQUIPMENT: Formerly NANA ENTERPRISES. Full list of baby and other vacation items. 808-281-5259.
- MAUI BABY RENTALS: 808-250-4968 A relatively new company with a good website. Quality rentals include wheelchairs. They honor price matches.
- NOKAOI BABY RENTALS: 808-446-6729 A very complete list of items here, from sterilizers & humidifiers to bikes, badminton, beach and baby items.
- THE NANNY CONNECTION, MAUI: 808-875-4777 Quality childcare services for ordinary sitting jobs. If you call from the mainland, they will call you back. We have had many guests very happy with this service. Enjoy a golf game, dinner out, etc., while securing quality care and fun for the kids.
Grocery Delivery & Stores
- CONCIERGE CONNECTION: 808-875-9366 Order ahead for pick up or delivery. Why spend time in the grocery store? You’ll probably end up spending less than you think using this service to stock your condo before you arrive. They can also supply fresh local flowers and more. I love the personal touch this service provides.
- MAUI GROCERY SERVICE: 808-283-3135 Daily deliveries from 7AM-7PM HST. Recommended by a Maui friend and member of our larger rental group. Items range far beyond food and liquor to pharmacy, baby & beach, etc. Order online.
Grocery Stores, Wine & Liquor, Specialty Shops
- FOODLAND: 808-879-9350 at 1881 S Kihei Rd at Kihei Town Center across from the softball field and Kalama Park (whale statue). Oopen 24 hours daily except holidays. Includes a pharmacy. Are you a senior? Shop Thursdays for a 5% discount.
- SAFEWAY: 808-891-9120 at 277 Pi’ikea Ave at the intersection of Pi’ilani Hwy. Kihei’s newest store has everything. Get a membership card when you check out for some savings. Open 24 hours – has pharmacy.
- TIMES MARKET: 808-442-4750 at 1310 South Kihei Road at the intersection of Lipoa Street is also open 5AM-1AM and is slightly larger than Foodland. Great Fresh Local Caught Fish and some local produce.
- WAILEA WINE & SPIRITS: 808-879-0555 Fine wines can be purchased here with cigars, beer, gifts and gourmet food items. Located in the new Wailea Center near Joes and Grand Champions on Ike Drive. At the end of Pi’ilani Highway, the road curves toward the ocean – take a right on Ike Drive just before the stoplight at Wailea Alanui – small high-end deli too. Order ahead for your favorites. Some very good prices and friendly service from owners.
- WHOLE FOODS: 808-872-3310 Like Costco, this store is located in Kahului, not far from the airport at 70 Kaahumanu Ave #B in the Maui Mall (near Alamaha).
- WHALERS GENERAL STORE: 808-891-2039 Shops at Wailea at the back. Wines, frozen foods, limited groceries, small Deli. You can walk to it from Ekahi Village.
- MAUI DIVE SHOP: Quality equipment rentals—even prescription lenses for masks. They also can book snorkeling and diving trips. Many locations, but the closest is in Kihei near Denny’s in Kamaole Plaza.