Try these options worry free – we only include info on resources we or our members or guests have used and have recommended! Don’t forget to PLAN AHEAD! Check out our Concierge and Trip Insurance links on the right. Be sure your trip is special and worry free.
- Fred’s Cab: 808 357-7663:
My favorite airport transport. This recommended resource costs about $50 one way. 5% discount if you rent your car from Lourdes at Avis in Kihei (808-874-4077). Please use AVIS ARC No. 0158045D (or better yet, the AVIS link below) to make your reservation.
- Speedi Shuttle: 808 875-8070:
Transportation to and from the airport. If you call in advance they will meet your plane.
- Avis: 808-874-4077 (Avis in Kihei) or Toll Free: 800-962-1434 (Avis National): Avis offers the option of Airport pick up or local pick up in Kihei. With a large fleet, convenient service, competitive pricing and alliances with many airline frequent flyer clubs, this international company is a good bet to service your needs. Good pricing too if you use our ARC/IATA number & AWD Code when making any reservation. Click on AVIS to use their website to make your reservation. ATA/ARC No: 0158045D and AWD Code: H461412
- The Maui Bus: 808-871-4838 $2 per ride or monthly pass. It’s getting more reliable but it’s not quite like the mainland so be sure you’re not on a tight schedule. Links to schedules and more on website.
- Uber:: For those into the sharing economy Uber is now on Island. I’ve used Uber across the USA and generally find it to be better than Taxis. Uber does offer a “rate checker” or estimator on their website. I did an estimated fare from Maui’s Airport (OGG) to Ekahi Village, and thought the range was rather high ($79 -$104).
- EQUIPMENT RENTAL
Lots of options selling similar items but each with their own feel. Take your pick!
- BABY’S AWAY: 800 942-9030 or 808-875-9030 Baby and child supply rental service providing quality equipment such as cribs, strollers, portable crib, car seats, high chairs, toys, swings & exersaucers.
- AKAMAI MOTHER’s RENTALS: Phone 808-298-1336 Many guests prefer this company. Same items as above.
- WILD WHEELS WENTALS: Phone 808-879-0220 or TOLL FREE 1-800-339-4743 Same items as above, good rates and rollaway cots too.
- NANA ENTERPRISES Toll Free 888-584-NANA (6262): Phone 808-879-NANA (6262) Our housekeeper likes this company>. Same items as above.
- MAUI BABY RENTALS: Phone 808-250-4968 A relatively new company with a good website; quality merchandise reaching beyond just baby related rentals (you can rent wheel chairs from them). They offer price matches too.
- NOKAOI BABY RENTALS: Phone 808-446-6729 A very complete list of items here from sterilizers & humidifiers to bikes, badminton, beach and baby items.
- CHILD CARE:
- THE NANNY CONNECTION, MAUI: Phone 808-875-4777 Quality child care services for ordinary sitting jobs. If you call from the mainland they will call you back. We have had many guests very happy with this service to give the adults a chance for a golf game, dinner out etc while providing quality care and fun for the kids.
GROCERY DELIVERY & STORES
- GROCERY DELIVERY
- CONCIERGE CONNECTION: Toll free: 888-875-9366 Local: 808-875-9366 Order ahead for pick up or delivery. Why spend time in the grocery store – you’ll probably end up spending less thank you think using this service to stock your condo before you arrive. They can also supply fresh local flowers and more. I love the personal touch this service provides.
- MAUI GROCERY SERVICE: Phone: 808-283-3135 Daily deliveries from 7AM-7PM HST. Recommended by a Maui friend and member of our larger rental group. Items range far beyond food and liquor to pharmacy, baby & beach, etc. Use online form to order
- GROCERY STORES, WINE & LIQUOR, SPECIALTY SHOPS
- FOODLAND: Phone: 808-879-9350 at 1881 S Kihei Rd at Kihei Town Center across from the softball field and Kalama Park (whale statue) is open 24 hours daily with exception for holidays. Open 24 hours – has pharmacy. Are you a senior? Shop Thursdays for a 5% discount.
- SAFEWAY: Phone: 808-891-9120 at 277 Pi’ikea Ave at the intersection of Pi’ilani Hwy Kihei’s newest store has everything. Get a membership card when you check out for some savings. Open 24 hours – has pharmacy
- TIMES MARKET: (808) 442-4750 at 1310 South Kihei Road at the intersection of Lipoa Street is also open 5AM-1AM and is slightly larger than Foodland. Great Fresh Local Caught Fish and some local produce.
- WAILEA WINE & SPIRITS: (808) 879-0555 Fine wines can be purchased here also cigars, beer, gifts and some gormet food items. Located in the new Wailea Center near Joes and Grand Champions on Ike Drive. At the end of Pi’ilani Highway the road curves toward the ocean – take a right on Ike Drive just before the stop light at Wailea Alanui – small high end deli too. Order ahead for your favorites. Some very good prices and friendly service from owners.
- WHOLE FOODS: 808.872.3310 Like Costco, this store is located in Kahului, not far from the airport at 70 Kaahumanu Ave #B in the Maui Mall (near Alamaha) and has wide appeal.
- WHALERS GENERAL STORE: (808) 891-2039 Shops at Wailea at the back Wines, frozen foods, limited groceries, small Deli – you can walk to it.