19 Nov Best Restaurants on Maui According to Locals
A trip to Maui is a vacation for your senses. The lush greenery, tropical smells, roll of the ocean and warm sun envelop you as you enjoy everything the island has to offer. But when it comes to the tastes of the island, you’ll want to listen to the locals. In fact, we at The Pauli Family Condos at Wailea Ekahi Village have compiled a list of the best restaurants on Maui according to the people who know the island best. Hold on to your taste buds, this is going to be fun!
- Kimo’s Maui – With beautiful views of the harbor, sit back and relax at Kimo’s while you dine on fresh seafood. The locals will tell you not to miss the famous Hula Pie dessert before you head home – there’s nothing quite like it!
- Down the Hatch Maui – Known as Maui’s favorite outdoor restaurant, the giant outdoor seating area has a spot for everyone! With breakfast, lunch and dinner options you can quite literally go any time! Don’t miss out on delicious Hawaiian cocktails during their daily happy hour from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Nalu’s South Shore Grill – Don’t let the casual counter service dissuade you, this food is out of this world! With local recipes utilizing meat and produce right from the island, your taste buds will thank you later.
- Coconut’s Fish Café – If you’ve been craving coconut shrimp then make sure you stop by Coconut’s early because they’re so delicious that they often sell out! Don’t worry though, if you miss out on the shrimp, their fish tacos and poke bowls will not disappoint.
- Hana Farms – If you’re thinking about venturing to the Road to Hana, don’t forget to stop by Hana Farms. More than just a farm, you can find exotic produce, baked goods and a full restaurant serving up wood-fired pizza.
- Troy’s Plate Lunch – When you think of a local seafood shack, this is what comes to mind. With freshly caught fish and local produce, there is no plate more fresh or delicious! Try the Korean BBQ chicken if you want bold flavor with a kick.
Central Maui and the Northshore
- Mama’s Fish House – Some people say no trip to Maui is worth it unless you stop by Mama’s. Expansive ocean views, fresh seafood and tropical Polynesian décor set the scene for a remarkably delicious meal. Their menu changes depending on what is fresh, but you can’t go wrong with their shrimp won tons or the whole Maui freshwater trout.
- Poi By The Pound – If you’re looking for traditional Hawaiian dishes made by Hawaiian chefs, check out Poi by the Pound. Just minutes away from the airport, stop by and try some local poi-centric dishes that will give you a true taste of the island!
- Kula Bistro – Featuring locally sourced sustainable fish, you won’t want to miss this spot. They even have delicious breakfast options like breakfast fried rice.
- Hali’imaile General Store – Open Tuesday through Sunday, this eatery is nestled right in the midst of growing pineapples. With something for everyone, they have an entirely vegetarian menu available in addition to their regular items.
No matter which side of the island you end up on, there is savory, sweet and wonderful food waiting for you. There is no better time than now to come get a taste of the islands. Book your stay with The Pauli Family Condos at Wailea Ekahi Village today! A hui hou – Until we meet again!