Posted on: February 17, 2023
If you’ve been researching Maui, then you probably already know how enchanting the island is. Warm waters, sandy beaches and lush greenery are all around you on our slice of paradise. But if you still have a few lingering questions, your friends at the Pauli Family Condos at Wailea are ready to help. Dive in with us today as we look into everything you need to know about condo rentals on Maui.
Oi kau ka lau, e hana I ola honu – Live your life while the sun is shining.
Book Your Maui Condo Early
With there being so many advantages to booking a condo over a hotel, and with condos being in limited supply – it is best to book early. Condo rentals can sell out quickly, especially during peak travel seasons. In fact, many people book their next trip as soon as they depart from their first!
The oceanfront Wailea Resort consists of 54 two-story buildings with anywhere from four to eleven units in each building. With over 30 acres of beautiful, mature oceanfront property to explore, it’s no wonder that our condos book fast. See our available properties here.
Maui Peak Season Versus Off-Season Pricing
Although the weather on Maui is gorgeous year-round, there are peak seasons that typically come with higher pricing. You’ll find that the dates may differ from property to property but generally follow the same guidelines:
- Maui Low Season: May until the December holiday season
- Maui Peak Season: January through April
- Maui Holiday Season: The two weeks surrounding Christmas and New Year
Get to Know the Areas of Maui
Now that you have a general idea of when to come, it’s time to figure out which area of Maui you want to visit. Maui is generally divided up into six regions. Each region has its own unique features including restaurants, beaches and activities.
- North Shore Maui: Known for Hookipa Beach Park, this area is home to the “windsurfing capital of the world”. Not a typical tourist destination, these local spots offer a diverse mix of people who live on and love the island.
- Upcountry Maui: These inland communities are the perfect place to see all of the lush green paradise that Maui has to offer. Although this part of the island isn’t oceanside, it is a great place to enjoy cooler temperatures and a gorgeous abundance of foliage and fields.
- East Maui: Home to the Road to Hana, East Maui will give you seclusion if you’re looking for a more remote spot. If you’re here for the views, hiking and flowing waterfalls – the long drive to East Maui is worth it!
- South Maui: Enjoy plenty of sunshine and beautiful beaches on South Maui. Featuring upscale resort communities, South Maui is one of the more population destinations on the island because of its prime waterfront properties, shopping, and golf courses.
- West Maui: West Maui is where many of the hotels are situated. With plush white sandy beaches, this part of Maui is a tourist destination for visitors across the world and can get quite crowded.
- Central Maui: The vast majority of our visitors will arrive on the island on the North Shore via Kahului Airport. The more commercial part of the island, Central Maui is a great place to stock up on supplies like groceries and beach items before heading to your final destination.
Verify You’re Booking a Licensed Rental
As with all online purchases and rentals, you should always do your due diligence and make sure the company you are renting from is reputable. Maui officials have taken big steps to ensure that rentals on the island not only adhere to local policies but that they also do not infringe on local populations.
All Pauli Family condos are legal, tax-paying South Maui Rentals with on-island staff to help guests as needed. Every unit has been lovingly remodeled and updated with your comfort in mind to ensure you have the most relaxing experience possible.
No matter where you decide to stay on Maui, we guarantee that you’re going to enjoy your time here. From the windy North Shore to the practically perfect beaches of Wailea in South Maui, there is no bad part of our island. If you’re ready to book your stay, we’re ready to help. View our availability here and we will see you soon!