Posted on: May 12, 2023
When it comes to paradise, Hawaii is the ultimate destination. From stunning beaches to lush greenery, there’s no shortage of natural beauty on these islands. But which Hawaiian island should you visit? Each one has its own unique features and attractions. Keep reading for your ultimate guide to the Hawaiian Islands and everything they have to offer.
Oahu, the gathering place of Hawaii, is where you’ll find the bustling city of Honolulu and the famous Waikiki Beach. But there’s more to Oahu than just urban life and beaches! In Oahu, you can:
- Hike to the top of Diamond Head for breathtaking views.
- Visit the historic Pearl Harbor.
- Take a scenic drive to the North Shore to watch world-class surfers ride massive waves.
- Visit Moana at Disney’s Aulani Resort
Kauai, nicknamed the “Garden Isle,” is the oldest and fourth largest island in Hawaii. This island is home to some of the most breathtaking natural scenery you’ll ever see and offers plenty of opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts. In Kauai, you can:
- Visit the Nāpali Coast where you can take a boat tour, hike the Kalalu Trail, or even see it on a helicopter tour.
- Relax, swim, and soak up some rays on any of the gorgeous beaches including Hanalei Bay, Poipu Beach and Tunnels Beach.
- Explore Waimea Canyon—it stretches for over 10 miles and reaches a depth of 3,000 feet!
Molokai, often referred to as the most Hawaiian of all the islands because of its deep-rooted traditions and laid-back lifestyle, has a population of only around 7,500, so it’s the perfect destination if you’re looking to escape the crowds and truly immerse yourself in Hawaiian culture. In Molokai, you can:
- Experience the world’s highest sea cliffs by taking a hike to the stunning Kalaupapa lookout.
- Learn about the island’s history at the Molokai Museum and Cultural Center.
- Simply relax on the island’s secluded beaches (here you can visit the largest white sand beach in Hawaii!).
As its name suggests, the Big Island is the largest of the Hawaiian Islands and boasts some of the most unique landscapes in the world. From the snow-capped peak of Mauna Kea to the fiery lava flows of Kilauea, there’s always something to see and explore on the Big Island.
- Visit Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and explore lava tubes, walk on volcanic craters and witness the glowing lava flows.
- Snorkel with manta rays—these gentle giants can have wingspans of up to 20 feet and are known for their graceful underwater acrobatics.
- Hike to Papakolea Beach, known as Green Sand Beach, to experience a rare and beautiful sight. The sand is composed of tiny green crystals, which give the beach its distinctive color.
But if you’re looking for the ultimate Hawaiian experience, there’s no island quite like Maui, where the sun-kissed beaches meet lush greenery, and adventure is always around the corner. Yet, Maui isn’t just about natural beauty—it also boasts some of the best food, shopping, and accommodations in all of Hawaii. In Maui, you can:
- Enjoy over 30+ miles of beaches, from the popular Kaanapali Beach to the secluded Hamoa Beach.
- Take one of the most scenic drives in the world on the Road to Hana which takes you through winding roads, lush rainforests, and stunning waterfalls.
- Check out the world’s largest dormant volcano at Haleakala National Park, with breathtaking views of the sunrise and sunset from its 10,023-foot summit.
- Go snorkeling in Maui’s crystal-clear waters, with a variety of colorful fish and even sea turtles to spot.
- Fill up on farm-to-table cuisine, with plenty of local restaurants serving up fresh seafood and other island favorites.
So come and experience the true meaning of Aloha on the best island in Hawaii! And if you’re looking for a hidden gem on the island of Maui, book your stay at Wailea Ekhai Village! From its stunning beachfront location to its spacious and beautifully appointed condos, this resort has everything you need for a relaxing and enjoyable stay in paradise. Whether you’re traveling solo, with a loved one, or with the whole family, Wailea Ekahi Village has something for everyone. So why wait? Book your stay today and experience the magic of Maui for yourself!