Posted on: February 25, 2022
Chances are, you’ve been on a vacation before. And if you’re thinking about coming to Maui, you probably already know that we have gorgeous weather, serene beaches and out-of-this-world hiking. But before you get overwhelmed about what you’ll need for your stay, we’ve already got you covered! Read up on our suggestions on what to pack for your Maui vacation right here. To make things even easier, The Pauli Family Condos at Wailea have put together a list of five things you won’t need for your trip to paradise.
- Sunscreen – This isn’t to say you won’t need to protect your skin, you will! However, in 2018, Hawaii became the first US state to ban the sale of certain sunscreens. Sunscreens containing oxybenzone and octinoxate have been shown to be harmful to aquatic plants and animals. Don’t waste the suitcase space – just buy approved sunscreen once you arrive on the island! Here are a few of our favorite brands: Maui Babe for you and Banana Boat for the kids.
- An Outfit for Everyday – Island life is simple. Some shorts, a few t-shirts and a bathing suit are virtually all you need! Depending on what time of year you come, you may need light pants or a jacket. But if you’re staying with us at Wailea Ekahi Village, you’ll need even less clothing than you think. Each of our gorgeous units features a washer and dryer so there is no need to overpack!
- A Vehicle – Rental cars on Maui can be hard to find. With a limited supply and steady demand, rental cars aren’t always the best choice. With a variety of rideshare and taxi services, there is no need to rent a car if you don’t want one! In fact, once arriving at our resort, you won’t need to leave! Our property features a private, gated entrance to Keawakapu Beach, four swimming pools, a pavilion with an area for grilling and so much more!
- A Huge Dining Budget – Although we have some of the best local restaurants in all of Hawaii located here on Maui, don’t feel pressured to eat out. Seafood, luaus and pig roasts are all fun, great options for dinner here on the island but they can come with a hefty price tag. However, with a variety of locally caught fish and fresh produce straight from farms nearby, cooking in your own kitchen is another great option.
- A Travel Agent – There’s really no need to spend money on a travel agent. Once you get to the island, the world is virtually at your fingertips! If you’re looking for a variety of fun activities, just scan the Activity Maui website for happenings near our resort. From tranquil boat rides to exhilarating zipline adventures, everything you need is all in one place.
Pack light and leave your worries behind, you’ll be on island time soon! Your friends at The Pauli Family Condos at Wailea are here to help you enjoy a stress-free trip to paradise. Book your vacation today! A hui hou – Until we meet again!